Thursday, October 22, 2015

Postcard Swap



Here's a sneak peek Of ihanna's  postcard swap, 2015.  Having so much fun with the little house theme. I began the postcards with a large sheet of chip board that I had been cleaning my brushes on for weeks.  Layer upon layer of color was randomly built up.  I used white acrylic and a stabilo black pencil to create more depth and variation.  From there I collaged painted transparent paper (black circles), painted paper and paper from a French/English dictionary.  The final marks were made with a white signo pen and graphite. A final coat of varnish and then to glue them to clean chip board before mailing them out!



3 comments:

  1. Wow! They are really rich and cool, all of them (I follow you on Flickr now)! Love how textured they are. Thanks for joining and sharing your process Meredith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, I just love your cards! And lucky me I got one of them in the mail! I love all the random layering created by using your "cleaning" surface as a substrate. I love my card! Thank you!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to repurpose our paint papers. These are very nice!

    ReplyDelete